« Home | Fun with a shopping trolley » | Life on Mars » | Lunch with weirdo » | Mechanical Mishaps » | Spitting Image » | Wednesday bits n pieces » | How to prank a telemarketer » | Snap, Crackle, Pop and Whistle » | Bonehead Client of the Week Award » | Intruder Alert »

The new gaming demographic

I saw an interesting thing on the bus yesterday morning. It was a person in the front seat entranced by a Gameboy.

Not normally noteworthy, I know. Unless you perhaps consider the specifics of the person, who happened to be a middle aged business woman in a power suit. Not your average acne riddled 13 year old, to be sure.

Probably even more interesting to me was how engrossed she was in it all. Not once in 20 minutes did her eyes leave the lcd screen, even when frustration got the better of her and she resorted to slamming the palm of her hand against the gizmo in fury. It reminded me of a recalcitrant chimp slamming it's hands against the bars of it's cage.

And I can't really be too critical of her here, since I've done some desk slamming with my fist during countless hours of Madden football, but at least I've had the decency to do it in the privacy of my own home.

She eventually got off at the stop before mine. The last I saw of her she was motoring up a ramp towards the street with her eyes still fixated on the Gameboy.

I think this will become a much more common sight as our MTV generation grow older (yet don't let go of our childhood gaming fetishes)...

And did she cross the road while playing, like the idiots who meander while texting?

Gameboy ? The Original Gameboy or the colour one ? I own a Nintendo DS with my other half.

Gameboys... i remember when they were first released...

i really really wanted one all the cool kids had them but my parents wouldn't buy me one :-( to this day i still feel as if i was cheated of a valuable part of my childhood.

What's next? Our parents reading our blogs?

Bravo! Now all I have to do is find my old linkable & gameboy, travel to Brisbane and start trading Pokymons

Admirable! I'm a video game 'tard. I'm unco and there are too many combinations of buttons to press.

Boff: true, the time of old wrinkly gamers is almost upon us.

Chicky: I didn't keep watching, but it's a distinct possibility.

Huggies: it was the colour one I'm pretty sure.

Mary: I never got one either. Somtimes life isn't fair. :p

Mike: I don't even want to think about that.

Charlemagne: you'll make a killing here methinks. ;)

Redcap: sounds like you just need a bit of practice. I'll come over to your place and play video games, you watch me and pay me $110 an hour to learn my skillz. It's win-win.

Post a Comment