« Home | Lunch with weirdo » | Mechanical Mishaps » | Spitting Image » | Wednesday bits n pieces » | How to prank a telemarketer » | Snap, Crackle, Pop and Whistle » | Bonehead Client of the Week Award » | Intruder Alert » | Favourite job of the week » | Animation number 2 »

Life on Mars

Long have we looked to the heavens and pondered that tantalising question: is there life on Mars? Well, this morning I thought I had discovered that yes, there was life on Mars, and I was it.

This wasn't because I woke up dressed in tinfoil, green skinned and wielding a raygun. Ok, I do sleep in tinfoil more often than not but let's get back to the issue at hand. The reason for my disorientation was because of the somewhat jaundiced light that came spilling in my bedroom window.

It was so impressive that I actually walked out into the backyard and stared around at the martian landscape for a few minutes. I took a snap with my camera phone but it doesn't quite capture the colour. I briefly contemplated deceiving and cheating my blog readers by photoshopping the picture into a more startling orange hue, but I quickly realised I couldn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I deceive and cheat my blog readers on a regular basis. I just couldn't be arsed firing up photoshop.

I hear we have a dust storm to thank for our unusually coloured day here in Brisbane. I personally think it had to be some of freak carrot storm to turn things this orange. Freak carrot storms... they do happen. Google it.

And I promise that's my last attempt to deceive you for today.

I woke up this morning and was wondering why it was so dark when the sun should be up.

We want pictures!


...and I promise that's my last attempt to deceive you for today


You're deceiving us now, aren't you!

The light was definitely bizarre today. I kept wondering if yellow smog from LA had someone found its way over the Pacific and dumped itself on us. Your Martian answer is much more likely however ;)

It's the aliens slow acting ginger death ray

So. Were you probed by the aliens?

Whoa, man, orange dust aside, that's a farking big barbie. Roughly the same size as the one my other half insisted on buying recently :P

Huggies: Me too.

Chicky: Not a chance. :p

Boff: Yeh you're theory is good but not quite far fetched enough for my liking. ;)

Stu: Now there's a far fetched theory... nice!

Steph: You betcha. Wasn't as pleasant as I thought it might be.

Redcap: Lol. We haven't used the bbq much but yeh, it certainly has all the bells and whistles.

Post a Comment