« Home | Spitting Image » | Wednesday bits n pieces » | How to prank a telemarketer » | Snap, Crackle, Pop and Whistle » | Bonehead Client of the Week Award » | Intruder Alert » | Favourite job of the week » | Animation number 2 » | Hot stuff » | It's a girl »

Mechanical Mishaps

When things go wrong in Bonestormland, they really go wrong.

A couple of weeks back my trusty old washing machine went down in a screaming heap. It was an oldie but a goodie, and always had my dull, mind-numbing work uniform looking it's most mind-numingly clean. That was until it gave up the ghost and stopped doing anything in particular, except from making an irritating clicking sound. So I took it to the great washing machine retirement village in the sky (i.e. the dump) and we bought a newie.

Then, of course, two days later my PC's CPU died. That little situation was documented in a previous blog entry.

On the weekend, my TV felt left out and decided to do the equivalent of throwing itself off a bridge, and by this I mean emitting a loud bang and subsequently shutting down altogether. This is a 76 cm flat screen, less than four years old and not quite as cheap to replace as a washing machine, so it will be going to the repair shop for a (hopefully) not too expensive repair job.

So that's three things in two weeks. Lucky me.

Forget betting on the Melbourne Cup today. Bet on Bonestorm's next appliance to blow up. I'm thinking Ms B's hairdryer. That one doesn't effect me much so I could probably live with it checking itself out.

I think you underestimate the power of the hairdryer. I can really cranky when my hair is wet and I can't do anything about it.

Ok, well, that's not really true, but it could be true. In any case, I'd be hoping for something like the bedside lamp, or maybe the microwave, instead.

This is the problem with buying a crapload of new stuff when you move in together/get married/blah blah blah. Every damned thing dies at once. This is Not Cool. Oh, and I wouldn't care if my hair dryer died either, either. I've only used it six times anyway. Sadly, it will probably be the kettle, meaning no bastard can have a cup of tea.

My money is on your house blowing up.... or your work place. One or the other.

It'll either be that or her vibrator and I'm not sure you're prepared for the consequences in either situation ;)

So your flat screen was past it's warranty then?

And what's your uniform look like? My worst uniform was a cap-sleeved dress, in a hessian-sack colour that made you look like you were recovering from jaundice and cut to make your hips and thighs look 3 times as big. Then this virulently green apron with poxy matching cap lol

Quiet everyone!

Don't you know, inanimate objects conspire against us? The 'Fridge will be listening to this conversation.

Not only listening, but now that some of us are internet-enabled, able to post replies as well! Bhuh-ha-ha-ha!

-- Bonestorm's neighbour's 'Fridge.

Sherd: I'm actually thinking the microwave myself, because I've had it 12 years. It was given to me when I moved out of home. Can't have much life left.

Redcap: that would mean no coffee either! Panic stations!

Matt: let's hope for the workplace.

Boff: our uniform has two types, one has a decent blue polo shirt, the other has a disgusting flourescent red polo shirt. You can see these things from outer space. Not good.

Mike: sounds very Toy Story-esque. I'd believe it.

Fridge: that's the most evil laugh I've ever heard come out of a fridge. In fact that's the first laugh of any kind I've heard come out of a fridge.

Last time I had a catastrophic fridge failure was at about 15:00 on a hot summer Saturday afternoon, in the days before Sunday trading was widespread. White-goods retailers everywhere were just about to shut their doors for the week-end.

The fridge obviously learned from its friend, the Coles point-of-sale system, that the Fitzies had just loaded up with perishables and frozen goods. The perfect time to fail. Bhuh-ha-ha-ha, indeed!

Oh yeh and apparently the TV will cost $341 to repair. Not as bad as it could have been I suppose.

Hopefully it doesn't blow up again in 3 months time.

Well they say shit like that goes in three's. So hopefully that's the end of your electrical dramas.

Is there a gremlin in your house?

Blow up an old toaster and be done with the bad luck!

You know what they say... when it rains it pours, bad luck comes in 3's, no broken things for ages then suddenly 3 at once... you get the idea!

Stu's made a valid point, check for gremlins.

... and don't get them wet or feed them after midnight

good day!
Very like it!
We enjoyed visiting your website very much. You have to look at this too.

Try this - very useful:

http://lexapro.butkel1.org/ lexapro

See ya!

Post a Comment