« Home | Fun with a squeegee » | MC Bonestorm » | Can I help you? » | The other white meat » | Snap happy » | Jesus is my coach » | 28 heart attacks » | Watch out ladies: Wearable Computing is here » | Worst Pet Ever » | Transit Buddy: Apply Now »

Three Dee

I haven't been doing a lot of blogging over the last week or so, mainly because I've become obsessed with my new 3D modelling stuff. And when I mention 3D modelling, you probably think that sounds cool. Well, it's not. I'm teaching myself how to do it, and results are dodgy.

My spiffy 3D animal looks like a 4 year-old mashed some lego blocks together and then melted them in the microwave.

Maybe if I try modelling some melted lego blocks it'll end up looking like a 3D animal.

***

News during the week that Tool are coming to town in January put a smile on my face. Having those naked contortionists cavorting on wires above the stage caused my friend Robo to pass out at the last concert. Maybe all of the noise and flashing lights had something to do with it as well. As he slumped across my back I intially thought he was a fellow mosher getting a little too friendly, so I gave him a vicious back elbow that ended up collecting him in the throat on his way down. Then I turned around and saw it was Robo lying on the floor.

Luckily he was out before the elbow collected him, and I could blame it on someone else.

Anyway, looking forward to a bit of Toolishness early next year.

Tool Rule!! Nice shot of Maynard :) .

Maynard and I are getting married one day.



No, really.



Ok, maybe not. But it'd be nice...

How did the wedding go?

Nice to see some other Tool fans out there. :)

Hi Tokenwoman, the wedding went pretty well. It was a nice day and everyone had fun. My MC'ing was ok - no major stuff ups and got a few laughs, so I guess you can't ask for more than that. ;)

I tried to some 3D stuff before until I got sidetracked. And to this day, I'm still not sure if I can actually design 3D it or not.

By the way what program do you use, although I haven't use it, Blender3D seems to be pretty popular

We have 3D studio max here at work so I use that in my spare time. It's too expensive for me to actually buy though. :)

Maybe I'm missing some fundamental here but aren't all models 3D?

And this will see my cred points drop down to the point where I may not be able to post to this blog anymore but... who are Tool? *shame*

Lol Boff. :)

Sometimes I model in four dimensions. That's right, time and space are powerless against my modelling skillz. I thought I'd make it clear that, on this occasion, it was only 3D. :P

Re: Tool, that's actually the most common response I get when I tell people my favourite band. I think they've been labelled 'math rock' lately, which sounds utterly stupid, but it refers to their usage of complex times signatures in their music. The short description: they're a four piece rock band. :D

I had to learn a little of Maya where I work but I have not used 3D Studio Max. We have some people in the office that can do amazing things with 3D programs. Not me though. lol

Post a Comment