« Home | MC Bonestorm » | Can I help you? » | The other white meat » | Snap happy » | Jesus is my coach » | 28 heart attacks » | Watch out ladies: Wearable Computing is here » | Worst Pet Ever » | Transit Buddy: Apply Now » | Say cheese »

Fun with a squeegee

I just took advantage of the Brisbane show holiday to head out and fill my car up with petrol. I'm not actually going anywhere in the car. The jaunt out for petrol was my excursion for the day. That's right folks, I'm making the most of my day off.

On my way back to the car from the cashier I noticed an old geezer at the pump next to me using a squeegee to clean his windshield. This caused me to think of the last time water touched my own windshield - about 18 months I reckon, about the last time it rained here.

I figured the old guy was onto a good thing, and I decided to wait for my turn at the squeegee. I managed to mill around the door of my car for thirty seconds or so, pretending to check my tyres, the bird crap that's welded itself into my paintwork, that kind of thing, while in essence I was waiting to hear the plunk of the windshield squeegee being returned to its bucket by the geezer.

Problem is, that didn't happen.

Eventually I gave up and just hopped in my car. The windshield could wait. As I took off, I glanced over at the geezer and realised why I never heard the plunk. He was busily thrusting away with the squeegee on his bonnet. That's right, the old guy was washing his entire car with a windshield squeegee.

Now I know the water crisis is bad. This is probably good thinking on his part. But I can't help but feel things have gotten to a pretty bad state when people are reduced to washing their cars with windshield squeegees at the servo. What's next for this guy? Stripping off stark naked and squeegeeing down his wrinkled carcass to save water from showering?

Let's hope not.

ROFL, that's the funniest thing I have heard all day. I'm going to have to try that.

Being in Sydney, I've seen that some time ago. And I didn't even think of the water shortage at the time.

Showing with squeege: *ouch* the friction.

Great to see your grabbing life by it's horns Bonestorm ;)

*showering

you now what, why not wash your car with a hose? much more effecient to me :)

"Stripping off stark naked and squeegeeing down his wrinkled carcass to save water from showering?"

The nightmares are going to be bad tonight.

Chicky: wow, really? Things must be bad down there.

Boff: oooh yeh, I look forward to my days off so I can... go and perform menial chores. And such.

Charlemagne: we have a bad drought here so it has brought out some weird behaviour. ;)

Stu: I like to share my vivid imagery. Enjoy.

I think that's a top idea and not only am i going to wash my whole car that way, I'm gonna take my pot plants down too and squeeze out the water from the squeezy thing over them. Just like raindrops.
Wonderful!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I use to see idiots do this at my old job. Little do they know that it can damage their cars paint work.

Went to Carlovers on the Wednesday to wash the car for a total of $7.

If it doesn't rain for a week here there is a water shortage. It's all lies. Just look at the sea!

I'm still having the nightmares

Post a Comment