« Home | My first animation » | Really smart or... » | Three Dee » | Fun with a squeegee » | MC Bonestorm » | Can I help you? » | The other white meat » | Snap happy » | Jesus is my coach » | 28 heart attacks »

Book meme

Thanks to Sherdie you have to put up with me ranting about books I've read. Enjoy.

1. One book I've read more than once.
Watchers by Dean Koontz. This eventually became a very bad movie in the early 90s... in fact I think it became two or three very bad movies. But before then it was a great book, one of the best examples of Koontz in his best era (for me at least) in the mid to late 80s.

2. One book that I would want on a desert island.
Is Penthouse classed as a book?

3. One book that made me laugh.
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

4. One book that made me cry.
I don't think there's been one yet. I'll pass on this answer.

5. One book that I wish I'd written.
Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C Clarke. Wow, what a book. Paper thin characters as is the Clarke way, but the ideas are fantastic and the way he explains the science makes it seem more like a documentary than fiction.

6. One book I wish had never been written.
One? I'll give you three, and they're all sequels to Rendezvous with Rama, written by Clarke and Gentry Lee. They basically throw away everything that was great about the first book and should be burned on sight.

7. One book I'm currently reading.
1984 by George Orwell.

8. One book I've been meaning to read.
Wow, this is a long questionnaire. You're going to pay for this Sherdie. Anyway, back to it. Erm... Moby Dick. I even have it around here somewhere so there's no excuse for not reading it.

9. One book that changed my life.
I don't know about life changing, but Magician by Raymond E Feist was very influencial in a lot of ways.

10. One book that made me think.
The Stand by Stephen King. It was one of the first post-apocalyptic novels I read and it certainly fired my imagination and started a life long love affair with stories and movies in that vein.

Done!

1984 is a great book - top five of mine really. I also really enjoyed American Psycho.

Read the Dice Man also. This is quite inspirational to how we all struggle to make decisions at times.

Blame boff! Blame boff! She tagged you first!

(I am craven when cornered)

Nicely done, and the animation too.

American Psycho is on my "read one day" list. Maybe I'll bump it up a few places seeing as you gents think it's worthwhile.

Hey! Oh that's nice Sherdie, point and run! lol :)

...is Penthouse classed as a book? Only if you read the articles

Have you read Feist's Serpentwar Saga? It's definitely worth a read :)

And it's a cool animation! Next time I wanna see the cereal flakes coming out of the box though! lol j/k ;)

Did you know that there is actually a BOOK with all the 'best of' letters to Penthouse? :P

I'm a big 'war and peace' fan myself. I use to shut windows that I can't reach to.

Matt: ok I'll have to check that one out if it comes recommended from you. ;)

Sherd: yes I suppose I should blame that naughty Boff. She's always up to no good.

Boff: I think I read some of the Serpentwar saga but not all of it. And hehe yeh, the flakes were a little too challenging for me to attempt this time. ;) I'll have to go digging for some tutorials on particles.

Steph: sounds like an utter waste of time and effort to me. Would people really buy that?

Matt: lol, that could be useful.

Post a Comment