« Home | Animation number 2 » | Hot stuff » | It's a girl » | Philosophical Post » | Song lyrics and weird brain stuff » | Book meme » | My first animation » | Really smart or... » | Three Dee » | Fun with a squeegee »

Favourite job of the week

This job started off like most of my others. PC switching off a lot by itself, a common fault with the particular Dell model. Motherboard replacement, end of story.

So I went and got the PC and brought it back to our workshop, didn't even bother cracking it open since I already knew the fault. Logged the call. Dell tech came out the next day.

Opened up the box.

Found a nest of maggoty insects inside.



The machine came from a section that's renowned for being a bit grubby, but this sets a new benchmark. How in hell do you get insects nesting inside your PC? It's beyond me.

Anyway, the Dell tech replaced the mobo and then it was up to me to... cleanse the infestation. Oh joy. We have no vacuum cleaner or other appropriate cleaning tools, so my only option was to scrape this maggoty crud out with paper towels.

It was then suggested by management that I check all other PCs in that department for similar infestations. I guess my saving grace was that there were none.

That is GROSS!
They need to pay you danger money or somethin'.

I've seen cockroaches crawl out of a client's PC before and I've seen a PC in a power station's laboratory choked with coal dust. But maggots! You WIN!

Don't maggots usually need some kind of rotten food or flesh to spawn/grow?

That is sooooo nasty! I don't know how maggots would've survived in a pc box but I've heard of maggots crawling out of keyboards - they feed off all the dead skin cells that rub off your fingers.

maggots huh? never seen any alive in a computer, but I have seen a lot of worm though...lol

Maybe you should try to get like guinness world record or "ripley's believe it or not" :)

Yeh I'm not sure really how they got in there. I didn't really have the inclination to ponder how it all happened while I was elbow deep in slimy bug crap. I'm only thankful there weren't more PCs with the same problem.

Nasty shit there.

Dude, that is flamin' gross.

Glad you deal with the plebs and not me anymore. ;-)

I know someone who once found a used condom inside a PC. Wrong. On so many levels.

now that's just nasty... bläsch!

Once upon a time, a long time ago, my work group had an IBM terminal (you know, the old green screen type) which carked it one day. Trouble was it had a terminal controller in the back of it which meant it took out another 6 others.

Turns out that mice were living in it, and they chewed through some of the wiring. Splattered mice & dead terminals....

Luffly.

You still win, though.

That is both unpleasant AND weird. Had someone who was building your PC left half a ham sandwich in it? But I guess maggots are still better than an exploding laptop battery. If you had it on your lap at the time, that could really put a dent in your day.

Post a Comment